Changing Over The Years
Moi in 2006
Moi in 2016
- Taught French in Berlin, Germany.
- Heard every day: “Was heißt das?!!!”
- Wore Barbour jacket, pearls and Timberland boat shoes.
- Spoke German like a Berliner.
- Started being as strong as a bear. (I’m not referring to the nice Californian bear, but the real “Berliner Bär“
- Dated a Berliner guy.
- Got up at 6.00 AM.
- Was never in Asia.
- Looked 15 years longer than she was.
- Had to justify her Frenchness.
- Was nicknamed: “the witch”, “the dragon” and considered: “authentic” and “direct”.
- Teaches French in Boston, Mass.
- Hears every day: “What’s that?”
- Wears Barbour jacket, pearls and Sperry top siders.
- Speaks English with a strong French accent.
- Keeps on being strong.
- Now married to the hot Austrian Husband.
- Gets up at 5.12 AM.
- Is in love with Hong Kong.
- Looks 10 years younger than she is.
- Is more appreciated because she doesn’t look like that Amélie. (horrible movie) Dear Bostonites students I love you all!
- Hasn’t been nicknamed since Americans are too polite for that.
How have you changed over the years?